Monday, August 25, 2008

August 25th, 2008

Today was a good day for rain! It wasn't in the forecast for us, but the skies looked suspicious early in the day. We spent the day in south Austin where it poured down rain and thundered for about 30 minutes!

No idea how much they got, but we had about 3/4 of an inch in our rain gauge here at home plus the streets were still very damp with many puddles. The only problem is, this means I have to mow the lawn sooner rather than later. ;) (It already needed it, but today's rain will make it into a jungle overnight!)

We don't have a high probability of rain over this week, but hopefully it will continue to form up every afternoon. I sure hope the drought has broken!

(One bonus to not having a wet summer....the ragweed won't be as prolific as last year! Last year I was "sick" for about 6 weeks in September and October with various allergy symptoms! I didn't realize I was allergic to ragweed....oops!)

No comments: